Archive of Published Issues
As new issues of Virtualities: The Journal of Virtual Realities, Interactive Dramas, and Literary Constructs and the Journal of Interactive Drama (ISSN 1994-1250) become available, this section will continue to develop. Issues archived here are in Adobe PDF format and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader (available for free download from Adobe Acrobat Reader).
Virtualities: The Journal of Virtual Realities, Interactive Dramas, and Literary Constructs and the Journal of Interactive Drama are published online at http://www.interactivedramas.info.
- 9.2 - Virtualities - June, 2016 –
Moving Participants to Assist the Elderly: Measuring the Empathy Generated by Performance by Mary Giffin, 1-14;
Space as a Metaphor for Circumscription: A Reading of Fugard’s Valley Song by Busuyi Mekusi, 15-34;
Teaching Acting by Francesco Di Vincenzo, 35-38;
Setting a Table Round: Stone, Wood, Cardboard, and Space-Age Plastics (Transformations in the Presentation of the Establishment of the Round Table in Arthurian Romances) by Brian David Phillips, 39-66;
Spy Game Two: A House Divided by Christopher Barkley, 67-238.
- 8.1 - Virtualities - February, 2015 –
Use of Mobile Phone as an Aid to Refereeing and Playing: A Case Study by Peter Coffey, 1-4;
A Drama: Reflections of the Situation Existing in the Society by Venkata Ramana Murty Balaga, 5-34;
The Dance of Live Accompanied by the Music of Death in Yasmina Reza’s Plays and Novels by Catalina Florina Floresca, 35-48;
Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia: Orderly Disorder by William S. Haney II, 49-77;
Interactive Voices between James Joyce and Robert Anton Wilson by Brian David Phillips, 78-118;
Bitter Tears at Sad Mary’s by Scott Beattie and Tonia Walden, 119-185.
- 7.3 - October, 2014 –
Codification and Signification in Wole Soyinka’s Death and the King’s Horseman by Besuyi Mekusi, 1-22;
Shifting Place by Terry L. Price, 23-32;
Working Hard to Get My Fill: Video Games, Psychoanalytic Theory, and the Performance of Desire by Derek A. Burrill, 33-48;
The Fall of Lucifer: A Jungian Perspective from Biblical Source to Medieval Mystery Drama (The Alchemical Transformative Process and Inter-Textual Reading) by Brian David Phillips, 49-76.
- 6.2 - April, 2013 –
Live Action Roleplaying: A Primer by Christopher Barkley, 1-3;
Dimensionless Box: An Excerpt from Conversations Over Stolen Food by Jon Cotner and Andy Fitch, 4-19;
OBE Asian Businesses and Professions by CA DeCoursey, 20-45;
Should Cordelia Live or Die? An Examination to Critical Reactions in the Romantic Period to the Ending of William Shakespeare’s King Lear by Brian David Phillips, 46-64;
NCR Pandemic Flu Simulation byStephen Balzac, 65-80.
- 4.1 - November, 2011 - I Have To Recall Some Real Characters: Status and Imagination in Outcomes Based Education by C.A. DeCoursey (Hong Kong Polytechnic), 1-25;
An Elliptical Pilgrimage Of Ascent: Using Deconstructive Pedagogy To Design Tourist Markers At High-Level Observatories by Jerry C. Jaffe (University of Otago), 26-36;
Interactive Pynchon: Teaching Thomas Pynchon's Crying of Lot 49 with Roleplaying Games by Brian David Phillips (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), 37-50;
The Use of Structured Goal Setting in Simulation Design by Stephen R. Balzac (7 Steps Ahead, United States), 51-58;
A Critical Appreciation of THE GREEN BOOK by Nathan Hook by Michael Cheng (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), 59-62;
Joker Quest: A Storytelling Interactive Drama Scenario by Nathan Hook (The Open University, United Kingdom), 63-68.
- 3.3 - November, 2008 - Student Perceptions of Interactive Drama Activities by Michael Cheng (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), 1-26; Commedia Acting Methods and Games: The Games that Mimes Play by Don Gilleland (Suchow University, Taiwan), 27-45; Speculative Realities: Embedding Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Themes in Interactive Drama (Adapting Literature to Interactive Drama) by Brian David Phillips (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), 46-59; Fall of the Dream: An Adult Interactive Drama Scenario by Brian David Phillips (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), 60-82.
- 2.2 - April, 2007 – The Illusion of Freewill by Stephen R. Balzac (7 Steps Ahead, United States), 1-7; Assessment of Task-Based Activities in University EFL Classes by Ruth Martin (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), 8-23; And the Moon, A Crooked Grin: An Interactive Drama Scenario by Scott Beattie (Victoria University Law School, Australia), 24-136.
- 2.1 - January, 2007 - The Psychological Power of the Roleplaying Experience by Sarah Lynne Bowman (University of Texas at Dallas, United States), 1-14; Tranceplay: Experimental Approaches to Interactive Drama employing Experiential Trance by Brian David Phillips (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), 15-55; Crossing the Threshold: Tensions of Participation in Community-Based Playback Theatre Performance by Rea Dennis (University of Glamorgan, United Kingdom), 56-70; Tempus Frangit: An Interactive Drama Scenario by Mike Young (Interactivities Ink, United States), 71-156.
- 1.2 - October, 2006 – Writing Characters by Stephen R. Balzac (7 Steps Ahead, United States), pp. 1-8; Information, Immersion, Identity: The Interplay of Multiple Selves During Live-Action Role-Play by J. Tuomas Harviainen (University of Tampere, Finland), pp. 9-51; Interactive Drama As Theatre Form by Brian David Phillips (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), pp. 52-70; Ferret Furore: An Interactive Drama Scenario by Scott Beattie (Victoria University Law School, Australia), pp. 71-100.
- 1.1 - July, 2006 - Points of View in the “Justice Dilemma”: A Learning Scenario in Law and Justice Studies by Scott Beattie (Victoria University Law School, Australia), pp. 1-14; What's the Rush? by Steve Meaney (Karolinska Institutet, Sweden), pp. 15-17; Revisiting Interactive Drama, Sex, and Issues of Consent and Harrassment by Brian David Phillips (National Chengchi University, Taiwan), pp. 18-33; Much Ado About Something: An Interactive Drama Live-Action Roleplaying Event Scenario by Alan Schwartz (University Of Illinois At Chicago, United States), pp. 34-108.
J I D
Journal of Interactive Drama